First in Category-Young Adult Fantasy

First in Category-Young Adult Fantasy
Dante Rossetti Award

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Working on a short story...it's got it's fantasy element (a river spirit) and ecological overtones (protection and conservation of the species that inhabit the river). Last night I hit a block..the words just weren't flowing. Discouraged with myself, I re-read some research material, and looked up the requirement of scuba gear (my protagonist just had to go into the water...). This morning I was driving to a coffee meeting with my writer's group, and for some reason, dialogue was just flowing through my head! I couldn't wait for a stop light to start writing it down...Maybe we just need to "sleep on it" sometimes and our subconscious keeps on working...

No comments :

Post a Comment